Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
This Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables recipe is super easy to prepare and will help warm the soul on a chilly winter night.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into sticks
- 2 pounds red baby potatoes
- 1 small yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons butter or ghee, melted
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 parsnip, peeled and cut into sticks
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed, cleaned and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb seasoning
- 2 lemons, zested
- Coarse sea salt, pepper and paprika, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F, and line a 9x13” pan with foil.
- Layer vegetables in the bottom of the prepared pan, leaving room in the center for the chicken.
- Prepare the chicken and fill the cavity with one of the lemons, sliced, and two sprigs of rosemary. Lay it on top of the veggies.
- Add garlic and herb seasoning, lemon zest and one sprig of rosemary that has been finely chopped to the melted butter. Stir, and then baste the chicken with the butter mixture.
- Season chicken and vegetables with coarse sea salt, pepper and paprika, to taste. Cook for 40 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove from oven, and allow the dish to sit for 10 minutes before cutting the chicken.