Lemon & Tarragon Chicken Salad Over Greens
Roasted pecans, halved grapes, tarragon and lemon boost the flavor and texture of this dish.
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Simple Truth™ Natural Boneless & Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Pecan Pieces, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 stalks Simple Truth Organic™ Celery Hearts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 6 cups butter lettuce, torn
- Lemon slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat for 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Dice into small pieces.
- Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in oven for 5-7 minutes or until lightly toasted. Cool pecans 15 minutes or until completely cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, tarragon, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper; stir in pecans, chicken, celery and onion just until blended. Stir in grape halves.
- To serve, divide lettuce onto individual plates and top with chicken salad and lemon slices.