Lemon Asparagus and Carrots
Steaming is one of the best ways to cook vegetables; it retains nutrients and keeps the bright color you want.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. carrots, cut into batons
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 slice bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Steam the carrots until crisp tender, about 15 minutes, then plunge them into cold water to cool. Drain and place in a bowl. Steam asparagus until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, mustard, lemon pepper, and salt and mix well.
- To serve, arrange the carrots and asparagus on a platter; drizzle with lemon mixture and top with crumbled bacon.