Lemon Blueberry Loaf
What’s not to “loaf” about homemade bread? This sweet, scrumptious version is bursting with bright flavor thanks to fresh lemon zest and ripe blueberries.
Serves: 10Prep: 15 minutesCook: 1 hour 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Sliced Raw Almonds
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 Simple Truth Organic™ Cage Free Grade A Large White Eggs
- 2⁄3 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Reduced-Fat Milk
- 2 containers (½-pint) blueberries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9”x5”x3” loaf pan with parchment paper and coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside 2 tablespoons of almonds. Finely chop remaining almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. In another bowl, use electric mixer to cream butter with one and a quarter cups of sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well and scraping down bowl after each addition. Mix in flour, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, stir together remaining sugar and lemon juice. Let sit while bread bakes, stirring occasionally.
- Pierce top of hot bread loaf with toothpick. Pour lemon-sugar mixture over loaf in pan. Sprinkle with reserved sliced almonds. Let bread cool for 30 minutes in pan on rack. Turn out, let cool and cut into 10 slices.