Lemon Bundt Cakes
Light and lemony, with just enough sweetness, this cake is the ideal dessert for just about any meal.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- cooking spray with flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 6 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp. low-fat lemon yogurt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup lemon peel strips (yellow part only)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12 mini-Bundt pans with cooking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and zest until light and fluffy. Add egg yolks one at a time, combining well after each addition. Add lemon and vanilla extracts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate pourable cup, mix buttermilk, 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, and lemon yogurt. Turn mixer to low speed and alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture. Scrape down the sides. Beat for 20 seconds more on medium speed.
- Portion batter into the prepared cake pans. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cake are golden brown and spring back when lightly touched. Allow to cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to cooling rack until completely cooled.
- While cakes cool, whisk together remaining lemon juice and confectioner’s sugar. Pour over cooled cake, and top decoratively with lemon peel.