Lemon Bundt with Tangy Drizzle
This bright-yellow cake made with fresh lemon will “zestify” your taste buds!
Serves: 16Prep: 30 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Granulated Sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbsp., lemon zest (from about 4 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 pinch, of salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Milk, at room temperature
- 3 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grain Fed Grade A Large White Eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons plus 5 tsp. fresh lemon juice, from 1 lemon
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place rack in lower third of oven. Spray bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour (or grease with butter and dust with flour).
- In large bowl, combine 1½ cups of sugar and zest. Rub zest into sugar using fingertips until the sugar is moist and fragrant. Add flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl with sugar/zest mixture and whisk to combine. In large measuring cup, whisk milk, egg yolks, oil, butter and vanilla.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat egg whites on low until foamy. Add cream of tartar then increase speed to medium-high. With mixer running, add remaining ½ cup of sugar, a little at a time, and continue beating until whites are shiny and form stiff peaks.
- Add milk mixture and lemon juice to dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Add one third of egg whites to bowl and stir to combine (to lighten batter), then add remaining egg whites and gently fold to incorporate (try not to deflate the whites).
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Transfer tpan to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes; turn cake onto rack to cool completely.
- To make the glaze: Whisk 1 cup powdered sugar, 5 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, 1 tablespoon lemon zest and a pinch of salt together in a medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle over cake, letting it run down the sides. Let glaze set for about 15 minutes.