Smart shortcuts like cake mix and instant pudding mean you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time enjoying this bright and refreshing dessert.
Serves: 16Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (15–16 oz.) lemon cake mix
- 1 package (3 oz.) lemon instant pudding
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Whipped topping, optional
- Lemon zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, instant pudding, oil, water and eggs. Pour into 13”x9” pan. Bake 30–40 minutes or until cake is golden and cooked throughout.
- Meanwhile, whisk together orange juice and confectioners’ sugar.
- Cool cake slightly. Using fork, make holes in top. Pour juice mixture over. Serve with whipped topping and lemon zest, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.