Lemon Cheesecake with Nut Crust
This cheesecake is light, with an intense lemon flavor. It’s a good summer cheesecake that will make your guests ask for more.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1⁄4 cups ground walnuts or other nuts
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2⁄3 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 egg whites
- 3 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. rice flour
- 3 egg yolks
- Juice of one lemon
- Grated rind of 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 large lemon, very thinly sliced
- Mix together the ground nuts, 1⁄2 cup sugar, and melted butter. Use nonstick spray on a springform pan. Press the nut mixture into the bottom to form a crust, and chill.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside. Using an electric mixer, beat the cheese, sour cream, 2⁄3 cup sugar, flour, salt and egg yolks, adding the yolks one at a time. Beat in the lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Gently fold in the egg whites. Pour the cheese/lemon mixture into the springform. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and crack the door, letting cool for another hour. Chill before serving. Top with lemon slices.