Lemon Chess Pie
Lemon adds a refreshing zip to the traditional chess pie.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yellow cornmeal
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), unbaked
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, and sugar until smooth.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, vanilla, milk, and lemon juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry crust and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the filling is set and the top is golden brown. Let cool to room temperature before serving.