This is a classic citrus chicken with fresh herbs that isn’t too sour—it calls for the perfect amount of lemon!
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp. almond oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- To make the marinade, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, thyme, rosemary, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place chicken in a large bowl and pour marinade on top. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place marinated chicken in one layer in a large baking dish. Spoon leftover marinade over top of chicken.
- Bake until chicken is completely cooked through, about 50 minutes. The internal temperature will be 175°F.