Lemon Chicken Rice Casserole
If you are looking for a fresh twist on classic comfort food, then you must try our Lemon Chicken Rice Casserole recipe, brought to you courtesy of Cathy Trochelman at Lemon Tree Dwelling!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 can Simple Truth cream of mushroom soup
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 Simple Truth chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour rice into bottom of dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine mushroom soup, onion soup mix, chicken broth, and lemon juice. Pour 1/2 c. mixture over rice.
- Place chicken breasts over rice. Top with sliced mushrooms and pour remaining soup mixture over the top.
- Add sliced lemons.
- Cover with foil; bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven; garnish with fresh parsley.