Lemon Chocolate Chip Muffins
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper cups.
- Mix butter and sugar together well, beating with mixer until pale and creamy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in lemon zest and baking soda. Fold in 1 cup flour, then 1⁄2 cup buttermilk, then repeat. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into muffin cups and bake 25 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from the oven and brush lemon juice over the tops of the muffins. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin tins.