Light and delicious, this is a delight—any time of year. Serve with lots of fresh berries.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ tsp. unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. cool water
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1 Tbsp. minced lemon rind
- ½ tsp. wheat-free vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 egg whites
- In the container of a blender, sprinkle the gelatin over the water. Let rest for 4–5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon rind, vanilla, sugar, boiling water, and butter. Blend until well mixed. Cool.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold them into the lemon mixture. Chill 2 hours, stirring every half hour. Place in individual glasses or bowls.