Lemon Coconut Scones
Light and sweet, these lovely lemon-scented scones are made for a special occasion. Like today!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 32 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 oz. light coconut milk
- Juice and grated zest of 1 fresh lemon
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Measure the flour, sugar, and baking powder into a mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and work into the mixture using your hands. Once the mixture resembles coarse crumbs, stir in the coconut milk, lemon juice, and grated zest.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat into a large round, roughly 9" in diameter. Using a long, sharp knife, cut the dough across into 8 equal wedges. Transfer wedges to the baking sheet.
- Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer scones to a wire rack to cool.