Lemon Cream Ice Cream
Tangy, tart, and oh so creamy, this is the ultimate summer treat. Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature before using, as this makes it much easier to work with.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon zest (about 3 lemons)
- Place everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate until cold, 4 hours to overnight.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.