Lemon Cream Pizza Sauce
Once the cream has been whisked into the sauce, do not allow the mixture to boil and do not attempt to reheat the sauce. This sauce is perfect for light seafood pizzas.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp. finely minced fresh dill
- 2 tsp. finely minced parsley
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add wine and lemon juice and whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil. Whisk in lemon zest, garlic, dill, and parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Slowly whisk cream into the mixture and cook just until hot but not simmering. Add Parmesan cheese to the sauce and remove from heat. Stir occasionally.