Lemon crinkles are a lemony cookie with the texture of a gingersnap or snickerdoodle. They are great as the sandwich part of an ice cream sandwich.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Cream butter and 1 cup sugar together; beat in eggs. Add lemon juice, lemon extract, and lemon zest.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt together and stir them into the butter mixture, blending well.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls. Roll in remaining sugar; place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and gently press down tops while still warm.