Lemon Crumb Bars
With their perfectly balanced sweet-tart flavor, these lemon crumb bars are the zest. The buttery crust, crumbly topping and smooth lemon filling make for a refreshing treat.
Serves: 12Prep: 2 hours 30 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare 9”x13” pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl of stand mixer, stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Add 1 tablespoon butter at a time; mix until mixture resembles fine crumbles. Mix in egg until incorporated.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into prepared pan. Bake 10-12 minutes, until just starting to brown
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk, lemon zest, lemon juice and egg yolks. Carefully pour mixture over warm crust. Spread evenly.
- Crumble remaining crust evenly over lemon filling. Bake 25-30 minutes, until filling is set and top is lightly browned.
- Let cool. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until cold.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.