Lemon Dandelion Chicken with Celeriac
Light and lemony with just a hint of spice, this stew is about to become one of your favorite springtime meals.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced celeriac
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped dandelion greens
- 1⁄2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken in a small baking dish. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned and chicken registers 165°F with a meat thermometer. Shred chicken with two forks and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celeriac, salt, and pepper. Sauté until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add flour and sauté 1 minute. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a light boil.
- Add chicken, dandelion greens, and crushed red pepper to the pot. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve hot.