Lemon Dill Peas and Carrots
Save to My Recipes
This recipe dresses up the old standby combination of peas and carrots by adding a fresh lemon taste that is complemented by dill.
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 6 oz. carrots, cut into bite-size sticks
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Steam the carrots, then set aside.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan. Add the carrots and peas. Sauté peas and carrots for a few minutes over medium heat, until the peas are cooked. Stir in the lemon juice and sprinkle the dill and lemon zest over the vegetables.
- Stir and season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.