This version of Lemon Frosting uses just the right amount of lemon without being too tart!
Makes: 2 cupsHands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable shortening
- 2 Tbsp. vegan margarine, softened
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soymilk
- Cream lemon zest, shortening, and margarine with an electric beater on low speed until smooth. Blend in lemon juice.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar on medium speed until smooth.
- Add more powdered sugar or soymilk until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.