Lemon and Garlic Lamb
This lamb dish will fill your house with the fragrance of lemon, cilantro, and garlic.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 16 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 garlic cloves
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 5 oz. trimmed lamb loin, cut into 1" cubes
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Place garlic, cilantro, and lemon juice in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until smooth. Place lamb cubes and garlic/lemon mixture in a large resealable plastic bag, and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, place potatoes on the bottom of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, and top with onions.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, about 1 minute. Remove lamb from marinade, season it with salt and pepper, and brown the meat in batches, about 5 minutes per side. Place lamb in slow cooker. Pour the stock over the lamb and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.