Lemon juice tenderizes the fish while olive oil disperses the flavor of the herbs in this easy recipe. If you don’t have bottled minced garlic on hand, you can substitute
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 swordfish steaks (6 oz. each)
- Preheat the broiler. Spray the broiling rack with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, parsley, and pepper.
- Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the swordfish and close up the bag. Marinate for 10 minutes, turning once or twice to make sure the steaks are coated.
- Place the swordfish on the broiling rack approximately 4 inches from the heat source. Broil for 4 minutes, turn, and cook for 4–6 minutes more, until the swordfish is just done. Serve immediately.