Lemon Ginger Poppy Seed Muffins
Donʼt be surprised if strangers knock on your front door when youʼre baking these fragrant muffins! With the freshly squeezed lemon juice and fresh ginger youʼll be delighted with their fresh taste.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 3 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup lactose-free margarine, melted and cooled
- 2 Tbsp. chopped lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Baking rack in oven should be in the center position. Line muffin tins with paper muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, poppy seeds, and ginger. Mix together with a whisk until blended.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, soy milk, lemon juice, margarine, and zest until well blended. Gently stir egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each cup two-thirds full. Bake 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes in pan then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.