For a sweet and delicious lobster, you need one that is very much alive prior to cooking. Never buy or cook a dead lobster.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 quarts water
- 1⁄2 cup white-wine vinegar
- 10 juniper berries
- 1 medium lemon, halved
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- 10 black peppercorns, bruised
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 lobsters (1 1⁄4 lbs. each)
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter
- Place all ingredients but the lobster in a lobster pot, squeezing the lemon juice into the pot and adding the rinds to the mixture. Turn the burner on high heat and bring to a boil. Add lobsters to the pot and cover with the lid.
- Return to a boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook the lobsters for 15 minutes. Place on newspapers. Let cool slightly. Make an incision from the head to the end of the tail. Serve with melted butter.