Lemon-Herb Roasted Chicken
If you crave those super-aromatic lemony roasted chickens sold at many supermarkets, then get ready to fall in love. Delicately flavored with fresh citrus and herbs, this deliciously roasted chicken will leave you and your lucky dinner companions happy and healthy.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. plus 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1½ Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- 2 lemons, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (4-lb.) whole chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil a small roasting pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil and set aside.
- Combine parsley, the zest and juice of 1 lemon, and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brush the outside of the bird with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle with herb mixture.
- Place chicken breast-side up in the roasting pan. Put garlic, bay leaf, and onion inside the chicken. Pour wine into the pan. Slice the remaining lemons and arrange around the chicken in the pan. Sprinkle the outside of the chicken with seasoning.
- Place the pan on the middle rack in the oven and bake roughly 1 hour, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and juices run clear when a thigh is pierced with a sharp knife.
- Remove from oven, rest bird 15 minutes, then carve and serve immediately.