Lemon Mint Cookies
Lemon and mint is a refreshing flavor combination that’s quite sophisticated. The ground chocolate chips and cream cheese make the cookies creamy, and the tart, minty frosting is a wonderful flavor contrast.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) lemon cake mix
- ⅔ cup white chocolate chips, ground
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ½ tsp. mint extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, ground white chocolate, eggs, and melted butter and mix well until combined. Batter will be very thick; you may need to use your hands.
- Form into 1" balls and place on prepared cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with your palm. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are puffed and just set. Slide the parchment paper onto a cooling rack; let cool, then peel cookies off paper.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese and softened butter; beat until smooth. Alternately beat in the confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until desired consistency is reached. Beat in mint extract. Frost cookies and let stand until set.