Lemon Mint Granita
Mint and lemon combine for a tart bite in this flavorful granita.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
- 25 fresh mint leaves, washed
- Combine the zest and sugar with your fingers, until the sugar is yellow and aromatic.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1⁄2 cup of the water with the zested sugar, and heat over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining water, then chill in refrigerator.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender, and purée until leaves are well chopped. Allow mixture to sit for 1 hour, refrigerated.
- Pour into a covered container and place in the freezer for 1 hour. Remove from freezer, and stir the frozen crystals into the center of the container with a fork. Return the container to the freezer, and repeat the process every 30 to 45 minutes, stirring carefully each time, until you have a fully frozen container of crystallized granita.