Lemon Pepper Omelet
Surprise your morning taste buds with the unique flavors in this quick, easy, and protein-packed egg dish.
Serves: 1Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 medium eggs
- 1⁄2 tsp. water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 1 teaspoon oil, 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Add spinach leaves and toss to coat with dressing.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and sauté for 1 minute, or until just starting to wilt. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with 1⁄8 teaspoon salt and water until frothy.
- In a small non-stick skillet over medium heat, heat the remaining oil. Add egg mixture and cook for 30 seconds. Scoop spinach mixture onto one side of omelet and cover with the other side. Cook for 1 minute, flip, and cook for an additional minute.
- Serve immediately.