Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
These soft, chewy cookies have the bright zing of citrus and the contrasting bite of poppy seeds.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 18 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- Juice and grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Measure butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Form dough into a 3-inch-wide log, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and cut dough into 1⁄4-inch slices with a sharp knife. Place slices on prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.