Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
Soft, chewy cookies with the bright zing of citrus and contrasting bite of poppy seeds.
Makes: 24Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 18 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg white
- Juice and grated zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 1½ tsp. poppy seeds
- 1½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
- Measure butter and sugar into a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- Form dough into a 3" wide log, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap and cut dough into ¼" slices with a sharp knife. Place slices on prepared baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet on middle rack in oven and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.