Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
These Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes are your favorite citrus muffin—in pancake form! For the brightest flavor, use the juice and zest of 1 fresh lemon as the recipe describes, but 2 tablespoons lemon juice and
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white whole-wheat flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- Grated zest and juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- Measure flours, sugar, baking powder, poppy seeds, and lemon zest into a medium mixing bowl and whisk together. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or medium skillet over medium-low to low heat. Ladle roughly ¼ cup batter onto the hot pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and the bottom is golden brown, roughly 2–3 minutes. Flip the pancake and cook 2–3 minutes more, then remove pancake from heat. If pancakes brown too quickly, lower heat to low.
- Repeat cooking process with remaining batter. Serve pancakes warm with powdered sugar.