Lemon Protein Pancakes with Raspberry Compote
These protein pancakes are seriously easy to whip up on even the busiest weekday morning. Super easy, super healthy!
Serves: 6Prep: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup instant oats
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Liquid Egg Whites
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, plus 1 tsp. separated
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons honey, plus 2 tsp. separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simple Truth™ Frozen Mixed Berries
- For the pancakes: add instant oats, Simple Truth™ Liquid Egg Whites, low-fat cottage cheese, vanilla, 2 teaspoons lemon zest, 3 teaspoons honey, baking powder and lemon juice to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium heat. Spray with non-stick coconut oil spray. Use a ¼ cup measuring to scoop the batter onto the pan, cooking three pancakes at a time. Repeat for the next batch.
- Add the mixed berries and honey to a small saucepan to make the compote. Turn the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the berries have cooked down, about 10 minutes.
- Serve the pancakes with the compote.