Lemon Pudding Cake
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1½ cups whole milk, scalded
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, oil, and salt. Mix well. Add the lemon zest and juice and mix again. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks until blended. Gradually stir the hot milk into the egg yolks, then add the yolk mixture to the lemon mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into the lemon mixture just until no white streaks remain. Pour into a medium baking dish Set the baking dish in a shallow baking pan and pour hot water into the pan to a depth of 1".
- Bake for 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold.