Lemon Quick Bread with Glaze
This is a quick bread for lemon lovers, with puréed lemon peel in the batter and covered in a lemon glaze drizzle once it’s baked.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large lemons
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 6 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with unsalted butter and set aside.
- Remove 1 teaspoon zest from one lemon and squeeze the juice; reserve. Peel the second lemon, removing as much white pith as possible. Chop, remove seeds, and place in food processor; process until smooth. Place in measuring cup and add enough milk to equal 1⁄2 cup.
- In large bowl, beat butter with 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon zest. Alternately add lemon pulp mixture, flour, and baking soda, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until bread is deep golden brown and firm.
- Meanwhile, combine reserved lemon juice and 1⁄3 cup sugar in small bowl. Drizzle glaze over hot bread while it is still in the pan. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.