Lemon Rhubarb Muffins
Sugar topped, moist, and yummy, these muffins are flecked with lemon zest and melt-in-your-mouth chunks of fruit.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Egg replacement powder for 1 egg
- 1 cup diced fresh rhubarb
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tbsp. sodium-free baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Prepare the egg replacement according to package directions. Place the egg replacement, rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and oil into a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Add the baking powder and stir. Gradually add in the flours, then stir in the milk.
- Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups, filling about 2⁄3 full. Sprinkle 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar on each muffin. Place pan on middle rack in oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cool.