Lemon Rice with Toasted Pine Nuts
Save to My Recipes
This dish can easily be made into a meal by simply adding chicken or sausage. The lemon flavor is so light and can easily go alongside most entrées.
Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 4½ cups water, divided
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the rice with 1½ cups water over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, stirring continuously until the water is absorbed.
- In ¼-cup increments, add remaining 3 cups water to the saucepan. Continue to stir constantly while adding the water and until all 3 cups of water have been absorbed.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil and lemon juice.
- Transfer the rice to a medium-sized serving bowl. Add garlic and lemon juice mixture, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon zest, parsley, and pine nuts, and toss. Top with Parmesan cheese.