Lemon-Ricotta Dutch Baby
An oven-baked Dutch baby is the perfect menu item for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Take this delicious pancake-popover to the next level with the addition of creamy ricotta and lemon zest.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup ricotta, divided
- 2⁄3 cup milk, whole or 2%
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In blender or food processor, combine eggs, ½ cup ricotta, milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, zest, vanilla and salt; blend until smooth. Add flour; blend just to combine. (The batter can be made up to 12 hours ahead and refrigerated.)
- In 12” ovenproof skillet, heat butter until bubbling, 4–5 minutes. Pour batter into skillet; bake until puffed and golden brown, 20–25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip together remaining ½ cup ricotta, heavy cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until fluffy. Set aside.
- Slide pancake onto serving platter. Cut into wedges, top with ricotta mixture and blueberries.
- Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.