Lemon Sheet Cake
To add even more of a lemony kick, add a couple teaspoons of lemon zest to the batter before you bake it. Freeze in an airtight container; remove and thaw cake for 5 minutes before serving.
Serves: 30Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) lemon cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (15.75 oz.) lemon pie filling
- 1 package (3 oz.) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flaked sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 15" × 10" × 1" baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the cake mix, eggs, and pie filling to form a smooth batter. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- While cake cools, mix cream cheese, butter, and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and mix well. Frost the cooled cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.