Lemon Shortbread Ice Cream Sandwiches
Tangy, tart, buttery, and crisp, these are beautiful cookies. They’re divine when filled with lemon sherbet or vanilla ice cream.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups ice cream, softened
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in mixer, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Add lemon zest, vanilla, lemon juice, and flour. Mix on low until just combined.
- Roll shortbread dough out flat to ⅓" thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut into 2" circles and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Bake 15–18 minutes, until the cookies just begin to take on a golden hue. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Spread ice cream on half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies. Serve immediately.