Decorate this luscious tart by using a stencil to create a beautiful pattern, and then accent with the berries.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 oz. silken tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 unbaked vegan pie or pastry dough pressed into a 9-inch tart pan
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup blueberries
- Zest of 1 large lemon in long strands
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend tofu in a food processor until smooth. Add 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and flour. Continue to process until blended. Stir in the lemon zest. Pour mixture evenly over the crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes, until filling is set and lightly browned. Cool completely and sift powdered sugar over the top. Decorate with fresh berries and lemon zest.