Lemon Thyme Ice Cream Cookies
Lemon and thyme are natural partners, but they are a nice surprise in this tender and beautiful cookie.
Makes: 60Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2⁄3 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, combine lemonade concentrate, 1 teaspoon lemon zest, fresh thyme, and ice cream; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine butter with brown sugar; beat well. Add flour alternately with ice cream mixture; mix until a dough forms.
- Line cookie sheets with Silpat liner or parchment paper. Form dough into 1-inch balls; place on cookie sheets and flatten with drinking glass until 1⁄8 inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 8 to 10 minutes until edges are light gold. Remove to cookie sheet to cool.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest; mix well. Drizzle over cooled cookies.