Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry
In many Asian grocery stores, you can find lemongrass that has been already minced in the freezer section. Alternatively, you can use fresh lemongrass. You’ll need to peel the exterior tough portions to get to the tender white bulb.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 4 Tbsp. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup minced shallots
- 2 Tbsp. minced lemongrass
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, cut into 1" pieces
- In a large bowl, mix the fish sauce, cornstarch, sugar, turmeric powder, and 2 tablespoons oil. Add the chicken and stir to coat well. Allow the chicken to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok over medium heat. Add the remaining oil and cook the garlic, shallots, lemongrass, and pepper flakes until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in the marinated chicken and increase the heat to medium high. Stir-fry the chicken for 3–4 minutes until browned. Toss in the scallions and serve hot.