Lemongrass Lemon Bars
Lemongrass adds an exotic flavor to an already amazing dessert.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, divided 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for garnish
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, plus 1 Tbsp., at room temperature
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden™ Lemongrass
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 14 pan with 1 Tbsp. butter. In a large bowl, add 2 cups flour, powdered sugar and salt; mix well. Add butter and blend with a pastry cutter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Press into pan, pushing dough firmly into pan. Bake about 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar until smooth, Gently stir in the lemon juice and lemongrass. Fold in the remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- Pour lemon mixture over the crust. Bake 30-35 minutes. Cool, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar, cut into bars and serve.