Lemongrass Soup with Mixed Mushrooms
Oyster, shiitake, chanterelles, King Trumpet, porcini, and button mushrooms are all great choices for this dish.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Tbsp. lime juice
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce, divided
- 2 small Thai chilies, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. sugar
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces and bruised
- 6 slices ginger, sliced and bruised
- 4 lime leaves, torn or 4 small bay leaves plus 1 tsp. grated lime zest plus 1⁄2 tsp. minced lemon thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 4 cups mixed mushrooms
- In a bowl, mix lime juice, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, chilies, and sugar. Set aside.
- Bring stock to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add lemongrass, ginger, and lime leaves to the stock. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy sauce and salt.
- Add mushrooms and simmer until the mushrooms are cooked, about 4 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the reserved sauce to the hot soup, and serve.