Lemony Birthday Cake
This light and fruity cake—made with real juice—is perfect for a luncheon or for a springtime birthday. Its refreshing and lighter taste make it an instant favorite.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) box lemon cake mix
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
- Mix first five ingredients in a large bowl with an electric mixer set to medium speed until a smooth batter forms. Turn batter into the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before inverting the pan over a serving plate.
- Using a fork, thoroughly mix confectioners’ sugar and lemon juice. Drizzle over warm cake.