Delicately flavored jasmine rice would make an excellent accompaniment to this dish. Prepare the rice while the chicken is simmering.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (7 oz.)
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ½ small white onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. tomato sauce
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry. Place 2 tablespoons lemon juice in a resealable plastic bag. Add the chicken breasts. Seal the bag and refrigerate. Marinate the chicken for 1 hour, turning the bag occasionally so that all the chicken breast meat is covered in the juice. Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and pat dry. Discard the marinade.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender. Add the chicken and cook until it turns white, about 5 minutes. Add the zucchini and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth, tomato sauce, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve hot.