Lemony Chicken Wings
This recipe is flavored with a little olive oil, some rosemary, garlic, and the secret ingredient—lemon juice. This citrusy marinade imbues the chicken with moist flavor and the most delectable aroma. Allow the chicken to rest in the marinade as long as possible, preferably overnight.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 9 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 lbs. chicken wings, wing tips removed
- ⅓ cup fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 4 small cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tsp. flake salt
- Arrange chicken wings in an oven safe baking dish without crowding; if necessary use two dishes. Set aside.
- Measure lemon juice, honey, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, and 1 tsp. salt into a small mixing bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour over chicken wings and turn to coat.
- Cover the dish and refrigerate as long as possible, preferably 8 hours or even overnight. Turn wings at least once while marinating.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400°F. Place wings in uncovered dish on middle rack in oven and bake until golden and crisp, 30–60 minutes depending upon the size of the wings. The internal temperature should reach 165°F and the juices should run clear. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature sprinkled with remaining salt. Wings can also be refrigerated for later consumption and served cold.