Lemony Herbed Ricotta and Roasted Tomato Toasts
This recipe is reminiscent of bruschetta, but it features a lovely lemon-herb ricotta spread that makes for a filling and flavorful appetizer.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 baguette, cut into ½” slices
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄4 cup + 1 Tbsp. Private Selection™ Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more for garnish
- 1 package (10 oz.) Private Selection™ Petite Grape Snacking Tomatoes
- Black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Private Selection™ Thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Private Selection™ Oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese
- Preheat broiler. Coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place bread slices on top.
- Rub each bread slice with garlic cloves, then brush or drizzle with ¼ cup olive oil and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt. Toast bread under broiler 3 minutes or until golden brown, flipping slices halfway through. Remove bread from oven and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss tomatoes with remaining tablespoon olive oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste. Roast 20 minutes.
- Combine basil, thyme, oregano, lemon zest and juice with ricotta. Spread 1½ tablespoons ricotta mixture over each toast; top with roasted tomatoes. Garnish with more salt, pepper and basil, if desired, and serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.