Shallots add a delicate sweetness to this sauce, which nicely balances the tart lemon and fiery horseradish. Serve with beef or seafood fondues.
Makes: ½ cupHands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: ½ cup
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 tsp. prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. shallot, finely chopped
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. finely chopped lemon zest
- 1 lemon wedge
- Combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, garlic powder, and shallot. For a stronger flavor, squeeze the excess vinegar out of the prepared horseradish. Stir in the lemon juice. Place in serving bowl and top with lemon zest and pepper with lemon wedge on the side. Serve immediately.