To make this dish vegetarian, simply substitute an equal amount of vegetable broth for the chicken broth. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley or chives for an elegant presentation.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the chickpeas, broth, 4 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Process the mixture until it is very smooth.
- Pour the hummus into a bowl and drizzle the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the top. Sprinkle with black pepper and serve.